Wednesday, May 7, 2008

QTown Recap

I still can't believe our luck this trip. Everything we haphazardly decide to do, every hostel we decide to stay in,everything we do always has turned out to be the right decision, I'm beginning to wonder if there are any problems in NZ. Fiordland and National Park, the region where we hiked the Milford Track, which is as far south and as close to Antarctica as we will get, this region gets more rain then anywhere in NZ. We had 4 days of complete sunshine, that is unheard of, I've heard horror stories from others of 4 days of complete downpour rain, everyone involved with the hike could not believe our luck with no rain. Seeing that we had little spare clothes to change in, rain would have made the hike much less enjoyable, but the waterfalls a bit larger. This is our 3rd day in Queenstown, probably my favorite city I've seen down here. Yet, ever new city I travel to here always seems to be my favorite. Yesterday I attempted to climb a solo mission to the peak overlooking the city to grab some choice photos. I am still extremely sore from Milford and I was trying to beat sundown, after about 45 minutes I thought I took a wrong turn up the mountain and decided it was best to turn around before I got into trouble, when I reached the bottom it turned out I was actually on the right track and about 5-7 minutes from my destination. So I guess I will go up again today with more sunlight and try my luck again. After my hike last night I ran into a kind lady we hiked with from Czech Republic, and she needed some help finding a good car to buy for her travels here. We walked all around town looking at community ad space and calling people for her car. I told her to offer $200-$300 below the listed price, since everyone selling travel cars around here are so anxious to sell because they are leaving the country and going back home, so they will usually sell it for much cheaper then the listed price. We head to Christchurch tomorrow, awaiting a few E-mails from jobs we will work on, where they provide housing and food for 3-5 hours of work per day. This will be good time to settle down for about 7-10 days and not spend money on bus fare,food or any other nonsense. I've got a listing of a few jobs I'll link below. So I guess I will go out and enjoy my last full day in Queenstown, hopefully I will have some photos overlooking the city.
Until next time I hop on here,
Kc
Marlborough Sound Job 1

Marlborough Sound Job 2

Christchurch Job Host

Chrischurch Job Info


No comments: